About Space is a Melbourne-based company specialising in bringing you the latest in contemporary lighting, furniture and homewares. We also stock a broad range of retro lighting, from retro lamps to wall lights and everything in between. Whether you prefer contemporary or retro lighting, Melbourne customers are given the ability to choose from a large selection of stylish lighting solutions – table lamps, floor lamps, pendant lighting and more.
About Space is focused on helping you create a stylish, comfortable and beautifully lit space. From feature pendants and chic table lamps to wall lighting and modern floor lamps, About Space aims to bring you the latest in contemporary and classic lighting to help create your perfect space. Our friendly team can help you with projects including:
• Retail shop and store lighting
• Cafe, restaurant and bar lighting
• Hotel lighting
• Hospitality lighting
• Architectural lighting
• Commercial lighting
• LED lighting
• Residential and domestic lighting
We also understand you want to be surrounded by the finer things in life, which is why we also stock a large range of modern furnishings
and homewares. From wall units to cushions, our products are full of character and style, helping you create your own unique space.
So why not come in and experience the About Space difference? From modern wall lights to retro lamps, Melbourne customers need only visit one showroom – About Space.
• Melbourne lighting showroom open 7 days (Mon-Fri 10.00am-5.00pm, Sat 10.00am-5.00pm, Sun 12.00noon-5.00pm)
• Latest range of architecturally-inspired contemporary lighting
• A discerning collection of modern furniture and homewares
• Friendly, experienced staff
• Shipping anywhere in Australia
Frequently Asked Questions
The website provides general information about the processes and stages of buying a product from About Space
Our phone lines may by busy from time to time. It is advisable to forward all orders or questions by email.
Products (specifically pendants and lamps) that are in stock are held at our warehouse. Lead time to the showroom is approx. 2 business days. Orders must have a minimum 30% deposit paid to be ordered in from the warehouse. All homewares are held at our showroom. Furniture items are ordered from various suppliers and lead time varies from 3 to 5 days if in stock.
Out of Stock
If products are out of stock lead time to our showroom can be up to ten weeks. Please contact the showroom to confirm stock quantities and lead times.
A number of our pendants have many custom options. Please refer to the website for indicative options. Alternatively please email or come into the showroom for a consultation.
Please email us for quotes. Once we receive the request we will put together the quote or sales order. The preparation of quotes will be attended to as soon as possible.
We have a range of globes including a vintage range, convertible globes, eco-friendly globes as well as the new LED range. Most lights requiring G4s or G9s will be supplied with bulbs, however, the majority of pendants do not include globes. Please refer to the specifications for globe requirements. For most lights LED bulb substitutes are available.
You will receive a call when your items are available for pick up from the showroom. Please note, pick up your order from our showroom from Monday to Saturday 10 am to 5 pm.
Pick ups are acceptable on Sundays by prior arrangement only.
To organise freight we require an exact order and delivery address. Please ensure that there will be someone available to receive and sign for the goods. Freight charges are dependent on the quantity, weight and size of boxes, and finally the distance to travel. Deliveries cannot be made to P.O. Box addresses.
We do not offer an electrical installation service. It is the customer’s responsibility to arrange a qualified electrician for the installation of any light fittings. It is also the customer’s responsibility to inspect their purchase and to ensure that it meets with their approval prior to booking an electrician for installation.
Globes will occasionally need to be replaced. We will usually have stock of all of our globes (unless on back order or discontinued). Please refer to ‘Stock’.
We take great pride in our reputation for quality, and if for any reason you are dissatisfied with your purchase, we will assist you with an exchange option.
You are entitled to choose a refund OR repair OR exchange OR credit if the products you’ve bought are:
- Significantly different to those shown or described to you
- Not doing what they’re supposed to do.
We are happy to exchange an item providing:
- the item is returned within 7 days of purchase date, in its original packaging and with your receipt as proof of purchase.
- After 7 days and within 30 days of purchase, only a store credit or exchange of goods can be made.
- Changing your mind on products can be subject to credit or exchange of goods.
- Orders for non-standard or custom-made items cannot be cancelled once production has been scheduled for manufacturing or after required materials have been purchased.
- Refund on such items will be subject to a 20% restocking fee or non-refundable deposit (whichever is greater). Unless item is faulty, notification must be made within 7 days.
- No refunds, exchange or credit can be given for items that are soiled, damaged or broken.
Please read our Terms & Conditions for more information.