- LATEST ARRIVALS
- LIGHTING COLLECTION
- LIGHTING CONSULTATION
- Locate Us
LIGHTING SALES CONSULTANT – FITZROY FULL TIME
WHO IS ABOUT SPACE?
About Space is known for its creativity, great design and new lighting technologies, we push the innovation boundaries with impactful product design and lighting experiences.
As a strong design leader in the lighting industry, About Space delivers on-trend lighting products encompassing sustainable and efficient collaborations with our envied trade and commercial client base.
Check out our website to discover more of the unique products About Space have brought to life.
WHY ABOUT SPACE?
We might be biased but we think About Space is leading the way as a great employer. Stepping into About Space, we are a fast-paced energetic culture. About Space is emulated in our vibrant lighting showrooms, the enthusiasm of About Space team comes with a proactive, outgoing mindset and can-do attitude.
Our employees are creative and passionate. We work hard, and employees are provided the opportunity to work on a variety of innovative projects for well-known Australian and international clients.
WHAT IS THE ROLE? Retail Sales Consultant:
This is an exciting role sitting within our About Space Fitzroy team, reporting to the Showroom Manager. You will be responsible for retaining and growing our retail, commercial and trade customer base number, by greeting and collaborating with clear deadlines daily. A typical day at About Space involves utilising your strong customer service skills to generate amazing sales results, servicing our enviable national client-base of architect/designer clients and increasing our commercial client base. You will also be and liaising with our internal logistics team to make it happen. We're a rapidly moving environment, so this role is not for the faint of heart. This role is full-time with a generous salary, weekend work may be required.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
This is a critical role that will manage strategic About Space new business relationships and generate new opportunities.
The successful candidate will have the aptitude:
- Gaining specification via Architects, Builders, Interior Designers & Stylists.
- Developing a client base and seeking new market opportunities.
- Operating autonomously, accountable for a fiscal budget.
- Work with an experienced highly skilled team internal sales professional.
- Experience selling quality architectural products. (Background within lighting industry or Interior Design/Architecture will be highly regarded)
- Passion for sales, with a proven track record in revenue generation.
- Ability to generate Sales through specification.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Work autonomously.
- Highly motivated.
- Technical aptitude towards lighting.
- Highly tuned analytical skills with the ability to apply this to the development of sales strategies and plans.
If this challenging role sounds like the job you have been waiting for, we'd love to hear from you! Please forward your resume in PDF format to email@example.com.
ARCHITECTURAL & COMMERCIAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE – MELBOURNE BASED – FULL TIME
The Architectural Business Development Representative external is responsible for identifying and developing strategic business relationships with new and existing clientele and other potential customers, working closely with the Company Manager in attaining budgeted sales targets.
- As the Business Development Representative, you will take the lead in the development of new business opportunities that will support About Space’s overall growth strategy.
- You must demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for sales and a continual proven track record of success. This role takes a hands-on approach to building business opportunities. In this key position, you will work closely with the Showroom Managers, sales retail team, production team and project/commercial and trade teams to achieve established sales goals and implement business development initiatives that maximize and grow the About Space footprint and generate bottom line revenue for the company. Strong key performance indicators will be set on commencement of role.
This position reports directly to the Company Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Develop new business opportunities with existing architectural, commercial interior designers, commercial and projects-based architects & builder’s, electrical wholesales and other potential customers at all stages of the sales cycle to include targeting, prospecting and presenting compelling business propositions.
- Work effectively with commercial interior designers, commercial and projects based: architects, builders, electricians, lighting specifiers, and decision makers, to develop long term strategic relationships.
- Prepare and present powerful, persuasive sales presentations that effectively demonstrate the value proposition of About Spaces products solutions.
Develop and maintain a robust quotation/sales pipeline toward a targeted client base to continuously grow the business and generate sales.
- Effectively manage small, medium and large-scale complex negotiations and close new business deals with existing and other potential customers, working closely with the Company Manager.
- Collaborate with all segments of the About Space business and support teams to ensure successful implementations of all quotations and completion of all sales orders.
- Maintain consistent month on month sales growth by continuously establishing new accounts and maintaining existing accounts.
- Develop and execute a strategic business plan that meets or exceeds established sales goals and supports Company revenue and profitability targets.
- Attend trade shows and professional association meetings and promote About Space’s product solutions and brand.
- Prepare and give business reviews and presentations to the senior management team on a weekly basis.
- Cold call new lead opportunities to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Research and build relationships with new clients
- Participate in pricing the solution/service with every client
- Set up meetings with client decision makers internally in stores or external clients product/sale brief
- Plan sale approaches and sale pitches
- Map prospective opportunities around About Space organizational structure
- Attain and exceed weekly closed sales targets in PBSA
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through difference to a positive conclusion
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client
- Other duties may be assigned.
RESEARCH & REPORTING
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate and managed in POS and other sales systems
- Weekly forecast sales targets are to be discussed in each sales meeting and you are to ensure they are met with follow up & monitoring of quotation/sales pipeline
- A desire to do and achieve brilliant things!
- Authentically curious, learning and improving yourself
- Integrity in every aspect of your role
- Smart business presentation
- Team focussed
- Sales motivator
- Can do attitude in attaining sale targets
If this challenging role sounds like the job you have been waiting for, we'd love to hear from you! Please forward your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org