Section 1. About the Terms and Conditions
About Space Lighting reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time, whether in whole or in part, and put it into effect by means of:
- • Publishing the amended agreement or section thereof under the appropriate section in aboutspace.net.au;
• Posting an amended terms and conditions, particularly for a sales promotion on conspicuous places in its showroom.
About Space Lighting is committed to providing you with the best customer experience. To this end, we might sometimes ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website. When you do, you can be assured that all information you provide us will be used strictly in accordance with this policy. About Space Lighting is committed to protecting and maintaining your privacy and personal information in accordance to our obligation under applicable Privacy Laws.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- • name
- • contact information including email address
- • demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- • other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies, we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- • Internal record keeping.
- • We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- • We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- • From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- • whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- • if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE NAME||COOKIE DESCRIPTION|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|PUBLICITY||The customer shall grant OP permission to use the Customer’s marks in media releases, public announcements, and promotional or marketing materials.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
All subject matter on or accessible from AboutSpace.net.au is subject to copyright. Apart from fair dealing permitted by the Copyright Act 1968, AboutSpace.net.au allows visitors to the site, permission to download copyright material for private purposes only. For reproduction or use of AboutSpace.net.au copyright material beyond such use, written permission must be obtained directly from AboutSpace.net.au or the relevant copyright owner. If given, permission will be subject to the requirement that the copyright owner's name and interest in the material be acknowledged when the material is reproduced or quoted, in whole or in part.
We care about your online purchasing safety!
About Space Lighting uses the eWAY Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions.
eWAY processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet.
All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments. Payments are fully automated with an immediate response. All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate. All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAY’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data. eWAY is an authorised third party processor for all the major Australian banks. eWAY at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by ABOUT SPACE.
For more information about eWAY and online credit card payments, please visit www.eWAY.com.au
Section 2. Disclaimer
At About Space, we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of all images, specifications, drawings, particulars, weights and dimensions, and all publicity and promotional material we issue. To this end, we rely on the information provided by our suppliers and manufacturers. As such, it’s possible that sometimes, we might amend some information on our website to correct errors and inaccuracies where necessary. About Space Lighting reserves the right to perform such amendments at any time, without the need for prior notice, including after you have purchased. In no case shall the foregoing give rise nor right to any claim, compensation and/or responsibility in favor of the user.
While we endeavor to present an accurate description and image of our products, it must be understood that small variations between the product image and actual product is normal due to multiple factors like lighting and monitor settings among others. That said, any product being returned due to normal variances between the actual and the product image shall be considered ‘change-of-mind returns’ subject to the terms and conditions hereof.
About Space Lighting reserves the right to withdraw any product from its website as the Management deems fit due to reasonable circumstances including but not limited to quality issues and the inability of a supplier to deliver the products among others. While we commit to do our best to process all orders, certain events such as those mentioned above, might compel us to turn down an order even after we have sent an order confirmation.
In which case, we will not be liable to you or any third party for that matter for any and all unintended consequences of removing, changing, amending any product, content or material on our website as well as refusing to process a confirmed order where necessary.
All transactions processed through the Aboutspace.net.au online store is processed in AUD (Australian Dollars) and include GST.
The lighting images on this website are either created from our own photographs or are sourced from our manufacturers. Please bear in mind that the appearance of colour can change significantly depending on many factors including ambient lighting conditions during the photography process as well as the calibration of your computer monitor. While every effort has been made to ensure that they present an accurate and fair visual representation of the actual product in question, they are intended as a guide only and About Space Lighting accepts no responsibility for any errors.
Please note that most glass components are handmade and therefore small air bubbles, slight defects and colour variations may naturally occur during the glassblowing process.
Please note that any products made from timber, come from natural resources and no 2 are exactly the same.
2.4 Lighting Consultations & Design
About Space Lighting plan consultations are undertaken for the purpose of general guidance only. We offer personal opinions and advice in good faith but with no warranty as to the accuracy of any information we may impart.
Any resultant sketches or plans are provided solely for conceptual illustration and should subsequently be analysed and evaluated by relevant and qualified electrical and/or engineering professionals prior to any further development.
About Space Lighting are not qualified to determine the structural and electrical appropriateness or integrity of any design concept and cannot be held liable for any improper engineering or construction that may be employed to realise the design.
It is also the responsibility of the client to ensure that any design complies with local fire, health and safety regulations.
Please direct any specific questions regarding the above points or our service(s) in general to your sales consultant. We hope you have a safe and happy project!
2.5 Custom Items
We do not accept change of mind returns on custom-made items. Non-standard or custom-made items, and special orders cannot be cancelled after production has been scheduled for manufacture or after materials for production have been purchased. About Space Lighting may offer a 50% cancellation fee, in such instances, however this is at the discretion of About Space Lighting
Section 3. Terms and Conditions for Sale Items
- • Sale items are priced as advertised in the media, on our website and as ticketed in our showrooms.
- • Sale pricing shall be offered strictly within a limited period as advertised and shall not, in any case, be availed retroactively. This means that if a customer bought an item at its regular price, a day before the sale, no discount whatsoever shall be offered as compensation for the price reduction resulting from the sales promotion.
- • Other promotions or further discounts cannot be availed in conjunction with an ongoing sale.
- • Custom items are excluded from sale.
- • Sale pricing shall only apply to purchases deemed fit for residential quantities.
- • Sale items cannot be returned nor refunded due to change-of-mind.
Section 4. Vouchers & Credits
Any Gift Vouchers created prior to November 2019 are valid for 1 year. Any Gift Vouchers created after November 2019 are valid for 3 years.
Credits are valid for 1 year from creation.
Section 5. Product Availability
AboutSpace.net.au is committed to providing exceptional customer service and quality products. We endeavour to make sure that all products listed on our website are currently in stock and pricing is true and correct. Standard delivery timeframes are between 10-14 business days for in stock items; in the event that an ordered item is not available, or we are unable to fulfil your order we will notify you within 3 business days to arrange an agreeable alternative item, a backorder or a full refund.
Section 6. Click and Collect Policy
Click and collect orders must be collected within four (4) weeks from the date you have received a notification from us that your order is ready for pick-up. Otherwise, the order will be returned to the warehouse, and a 30% holding fee shall be applied.
Any and all payments made on a click and collect order that remains unclaimed for 12 months from the date the item is ready for pick-up, shall be considered as holding and processing fee. Therefore, forfeited and the item will be returned to the warehouse.
Section 7. Shipping Policy:
About Space Lighting ships orders to the whole of Australia and other international destinations. We normally dispatch orders within 10-14 business days upon receipt of the purchase order or payment for in stock items. However, special circumstances may sometimes require said lead time to be extended to more than 14 business days depending on your location in Australia.
For orders to New Zealand and other international destination, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with items of interest and shipping address, so we can work out a shipping quote for you. It is also possible to make your own freight arrangements if preferred. About Space Lighting is not responsible for any customs or duties fees that may apply for international orders.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR AUSTRALIA-WIDE ORDERS:
- • We advise you to book an electrician after you have received your goods to ensure they are correct, complete, on time and not damaged.
- • We will do our best to ensure that you are satisfied with the delivery service. However, we will not assume any liability arising from late deliveries due to reasons beyond our control e.g. expenses incurred for services provided by electricians and other contractors not party to this agreement.
Generally, courier delivers during business hours, and drivers will require a signature upon delivery. If you will not be at the ship-to address at the time of delivery, the courier may attempt a redelivery, or will leave a card in your mailbox with instructions for collection at your nearest pickup location.
All freight and insurance costs are to be borne by the buyer and the buyer assumes any risk of loss, theft, damage, or delay of goods during transit. About Space Lighting will not be held responsible for parcels lost, damaged, or delayed in transit.
7.1 SHIPPING RETURNS
If the courier is unable to deliver the parcel to you after 2 weeks, they will return the parcel to us at our expense. If on a very rare occasion, we inadvertently shipped the parcel to an incorrect address or nominated an incorrect service, and the parcel has been returned to us, we will immediately reship the parcel to your correct address, free of charge.
About Space Lighting reserves the right to pass-on/ charge the following fees and charges to the account of the Buyer, as a condition to reship parcels that have been undelivered/ returned due error or inaction on the part of the Buyer as described, but is not limited to Section 7.2 hereof:
any fees and charges that About Space Lighting has incurred as a result of the above, and
Any fees and charges for reshipping the parcel
7.2 ERRORS OR INACTION ON THE PART OF THE BUYER
The following may, subject to the discretion of About Space Lighting, constitute an error or inaction on the part of the Buyer, and shall affect your eligibility for returns:
- • You entering an incorrect or incomplete address (including omitting a company name where delivery is to a business address).
- • You failing to claim the parcel for more than 2 weeks from date of the card notification in your mailbox advising you of attempted delivery.
If you opt to cancel the order as a result of the item being returned to us, we will provide you with a refund, less all shipping costs incurred and our restocking fee of up to 30% of the total order value.
7.3 DAMAGED IN TRANSIT
We are committed to give you the best customer experience possible – from ordering, packaging, to delivery. However, a number of causes that are beyond our control, may sometimes render items to be damaged in transit.
If an item arrives and the packaging is noticeably and significantly damaged:
- • Take photos or video showing the damage on the box or tube, or the item itself
- • Refuse to accept the delivery; and
- • Contact us immediately
If you found item delivered to you to be defective:
- • Take a photo or video showing the damage on the item; and
- • Contact us as soon as possible, within 3 business days upon receipt of the delivery
If this happens, we’ll take the necessary measure to improve delivery service including but not limited to sharing your feedback to our delivery partner.
7.4 WRONG ITEM DELIVERED
Should you receive an incorrect item, please take a photo, and let us know within three business days upon receipt of the goods, and we’ll take care of the pick-up and return of the wrong item plus the delivery of the correct item at no cost to you.
Section 8. Change of Mind Returns/ Refunds
Any product being returned due to normal variances between the actual and the product image shall be considered ‘change-of-mind returns/ refunds. This will only be allowed for non-sale and currently stocked items and shall be subject to a 30% cancellation/ restocking fee.
In no case shall change-of-mind return/ refund of the following items be allowed:
- • items on sale;
- • custom items;
- • items shipped overseas
About Space Lighting reserves the right to approve or deny, at its discretion, any request for change-of-mind returns/ refunds without the need to disclose the reason thereof.
If you decide that the lights are not for you, please call, e-mail, or drop by at the store where you bought the item within 7 days upon receipt/ purchase thereof. Once approved, our team will reach out to you on how you may return the item to us at your expense. We will refund you in the form of a store credit, net of the 30% cancellation/restocking fee, within 5-7 days once we have received the item being returned.
It is important to note that change-of-mind returns/ refunds must:
- • be in 'as new' condition;
- • packaged securely in the original packaging;
- • not used, assembled, scratched, or any other acts to that effect
Section 9. Return, Replacement and Warranty – Goods
All About Space Lights come with limited warranty which can be found on the website, quotes and invoices.
Please note that all refunds, including change-of-mind returns, shall be in the form of a store credit.
3-Year Warranty on LED bulbs
LED bulbs carry a 3-year warranty, unless otherwise specified, on the back to base replacement cover. Regarding all other bulbs, while in some instances we may display information sourced from the manufacturer regarding their projected life expectancy, About Space Lighting provides no warranty or guarantee with respect to the actual working lifetime of the bulb.
No Warranty on Non-LED Bulbs
Non-LED bulbs, however, aren’t covered by any warranty.
1-Year Limited Warranty on Products with Non-LED inclusions
All product that come with non-LED parts carry a standard 1-year limited warranty coverage.
9.1 WARRANTY SCOPE
If an item arrives with missing parts, factory defects, faulty or deemed unsafe, please take photos or videos to clearly demonstrate the issue (your warranty request may be denied with out these) and contact us within 3 days of receiving the goods.
To know if your item is eligible for warranty claims, please refer to the warranty coverage section.
Should you notice the following issues on your products, please contact About Space Lighting before calling an electrician or proceeding with the installation of the product:
- • Missing accessories or parts
- • Noticeable, significant aesthetic defects on your product
Should you encounter the following issues during installation of a product, please contact About Space Lighting before the electrician leaves the residence/ place where the installation is taking place:
- • Electrical fault
- • Unusual, excessive noise from the product
9.2 WARRANTY SERVICE
Appropriate to the nature of the issue, we may offer you any or a combination of the following solutions:
- • Deliver missing parts or components;
- • If the problem is not major, we will repair the item within a reasonable time;
- •. Replace the item with a new one
Should we (a) fail to repair the item within reasonable time or (b) offer a replacement of the item, About Space Lighting will:
- • Exchange the item to an alternative lighting product with the same value or higher. In the case of the latter, additional charges may apply to cover price differences
- •. Refund in the form of store credit
Should you find or suspect electrical-related faults/ issues, we will either:
- • Send our own electrician to fix the issue; or
- • Request an electrician to assess the installation
In this case, the customer agrees to shoulder the cost of the inspection, repair and/or replacement of the product should the electrician rule improper installation as the cause of the issue.
If you decide to keep an item with minor defects instead of returning it to us, we may offer to compensate you for the drop in value as assessed and approved by About Space Lighting.
To proceed with the warranty claim, please click here.
9.3 IMPORTANT REMINDERS FOR WARRANTY CLAIMS
- • Please check to ensure that the faulty product is within the applicable warranty period.
- • The Proof of Purchase and a certificate of compliance for the installation of the product by a licensed electrician who installed the product shall be required for warranty claims. Please ensure that you have these documents on hand when applying for warranty claims.
9.4 Warranty Coverage
- • This warranty shall only be valid in Australia.
- • This warranty shall only be valid if the products are installed by a qualified electrician.
- • Permissible limits pursuant to applicable product specifications and technical standards relating to voltage and temperature must not be exceeded.
- • In the event of installation in extreme environmental conditions, written consent for such installation must be obtained from About Space Lighting. This manufacturer’s warranty shall not apply if no written consent is obtained.
- • The product must not be exposed to any unintended mechanical and/or chemical loads.
- • Warranty period is based on a maximum usage of 4,000 hours per year.
- • This warranty does not apply to damage or failure to perform arising as a result of any Force Majeure Events or from any misuse, abuse, abnormal use or use in violation of any applicable standard, instructions or code for use including but not limited to those contained in the latest safety, industry and/or electrical standards for the region.
- • A mortality rate or mean time between failures (MTBF) of 0.2% per 1,000 running hours is considered to be normal and therefore not covered by any warranty conditions
- • A nominal reduction of the luminous flux in LED modules of 0.6% per 1,000 running hours is considered to be normal and therefore not covered by any warranty conditions.
- • Colour tolerances on LED modules are not covered by this warranty.
- • Actual or measured luminous flux and efficacy may vary by +/-10% from product specifications such as brochures, website, data sheets, and similar.
- • In the event of subsequent deliveries of products, deviations in the light properties and design compared to previous deliveries may arise due to technological advancements and improvements. Such deviations are not covered by this warranty
- • This warranty shall be void in the event of any repairs or alterations not duly authorized by About Space Lighting in writing are made to the Product by any person. About Space Lighting reserves the right to make the final decision on the validity of any warranty claim.
9.5 What is not covered by this Return, Replacement, and Warranty Policy?
- • Custom-made or sale items being returned for change-of-mind. To know more about our change of mind return/ refund policy, click here.
- • About Space Lighting products that are neither purchased nor installed in Australia.
- • Items damaged from incorrect installation which includes any method that is not in accordance with the product specifications and/or installation from an unqualified and/or unregistered electrical contractor.
- • Important Reminder: DO NOT DO-IT-YOURSELF (DIY) an About Space Lighting product unless otherwise specified on the item label. Any damage resulting from such activity shall, in any way, be covered by this return, replacement and warranty policy.
- • Any direct or indirect damages to walls, ceilings, furnishings, floors, foundation, structures, etc., resulting from a failed attempt of an unqualified installer to install, modify or repair the product.
- • Defect, damage, or failure to an ABOUT SPACE product resulting from misuse, accident, neglect, abuse, tampering, modifications, or unauthorized repairs of any kind by any person.
- • Damages not caused by a fault in the ABOUT SPACE product materials or workmanship.
- • Defect, damage, or failure to an ABOUT SPACE product resulting from any force majeure events, including damages from lightning, power grid fluctuations, or power surges.
- • Replacement of light sources (globes etc.) unless specified.
- • Damage caused by alternative power systems (for example: solar inverters, etc.)
- • Water damage of any kind caused by inappropriate placement of fittings not IP rated for that location.
- • The cost of renting, obtaining and using special access equipment (i.e. scaffolding, scissor lifts, etc.) for accessing products installed at a height of greater than 3.0 meters
- • Where the product does not perform to the expectation of a user but it does perform to its features and specifications.
- • Non-structural corrosion damage of non-316 stainless steel components such as surface rust including any defects that has no significant impact on the structural and/or mechanical safety of the Product;
- • Normal wear and tear;
- • Any damage resulting from improper care and maintenance or the lack thereof particularly on brass, fabric, leather, and timber products among others.
- • Any damage resulting to improper use and abuse of the product
- • For Click and Collect, we encourage you to carefully check your items for defects before leaving the pick-up location. Any damage on the item sustained during your own handling and transportation of goods from a click and collection location shall not be covered by this policy.
- • Superficial blemishes, minor imperfections, and immaterial variations between the product image and actual product including but not limited to dimensions and color. Returns due to these reasons, shall be considered change-of-mind returns and shall be governed by our policy thereon. To know more, click here.
- • Damage resulting from unauthorised repairs or use of non-original replacement parts and/or non-compliant procedures.
9.6 BALANCE OF WARRANTY
To the maximum extent permitted by law, refurbished or repaired products are covered only by the balance of the warranty period remaining from the date of collection or delivery of the original ABOUT SPACE product. If the product is replaced with a new product a new warranty period will apply from the date of collection or delivery of goods.
9.7 HOW TO MAKE A WARRANTY CLAIM
1. Upon delivery, please inspect the goods and check for obvious defects, damage, missing parts, and failure to comply with the description or invoice.
2. Should you notice any of the above issues, please contact us by completing this form and we’ll reach out to you on how you can return the faulty product to us together with the following:
• Proof of purchase
• Supporting photos or videos (your warrant request may be denied if these are not supplied)
• Certificate of compliance for the installation of the product by the licensed electrician who installed the product
3. Once we have received the item, please allow us 3-7 days to inspect it.
4. We will reach out to you with the best solution to your request.
Important: To the maximum extent permitted by law, the customer must bear the costs and expenses of claiming under this warranty, including but not limited to the cost incurred in freight, postage, handling, travel, dismantling or reinstalling the product, when and as applicable.
9.8 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- • Except where to do so would cause any part of these Terms to be illegal, void or unenforceable, AboutSpace.net.au, its directors and/or employees:
- • Excludes all conditions and warranties implied into these Terms;
- • To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, is not liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damage, however caused (including negligence), which may be directly or indirectly suffered, in connection with use of this web site; and
- • Excludes liability (whether that liability arises under contract, tort (including negligence) or statute) for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including without limitation loss of revenue and loss of, or damage to, data) suffered or incurred in connection with this web site.
- • Without limiting the general disclaimer, AboutSpace.net.au, its directors and/or employees:
- • Makes no warranty as to the completeness or accuracy of any material or as to its merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. AboutSpace.net.au is not liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on this web site or if that information is not up-to-date;
- • Will not be liable for disruptions to this web site; and
- • Is not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with use of this web site or an external site. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for use from this web site is free of viruses or anything else that may interfere with or damage the operation of your computer systems.
AboutSpace.net.au, its directors and/or employees accept no responsibility for actions in full or in part by any external business parties or services referenced and listed or mention in full or in part on any page of the AboutSpace.net.au site. AboutSpace.net.au is not liable for any untrue or incorrect information provided by any party commenting or adding content to the website, who are not employees.
9.9 Qualified Electrician Installing - Limitation of Liability
- • AboutSpace.net.au, its directors, and employees will not be held responsible for any electrical installation or modification of its products or associated fittings.
- • It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that all electrical installations and modifications, including transformer installations, are carried out by a qualified electrician.
- • The installation method must comply with Australian standards and is solely the responsibility of the electrical professional. Incorrect installation or modification may result in incorrect operation, serious harm, or even death. Improper electrical installation can also cause electrical shorting and fire, leading to property damage and/or loss of life.
• When installing our lighting products, customers should ensure proper electrical wiring and circuitry. If the customer chooses to wire our product on the same circuit as other light fittings, they acknowledge that AboutSpace.net.au is not liable for any faults, damages, compatibility issues, or malfunctions arising from such wiring arrangement.