Choose your warranty type
Our Warranty Policy
All About Space Lights come with limited warranty which can be found on the website, quotes and invoices.
Please note that all refunds, including change-of-mind returns, shall be in the form of a store credit.
3-Year Warranty on LED bulbs
LED bulbs carry a 3-year warranty, unless otherwise specified, on the back to base replacement cover. Regarding all other bulbs, while in some instances we may display information sourced from the manufacturer regarding their projected life expectancy, About Space Lighting provides no warranty or guarantee with respect to the actual working lifetime of the bulb.
No Warranty on Non-LED Bulbs
Non-LED bulbs, however, aren’t covered by any warranty.
1-Year Limited Warranty on Products with Non-LED inclusions
All product that come with non-LED parts carry a standard 1-year limited warranty coverage.
If an item arrives with missing parts, factory defects, faulty or deemed unsafe, please take photos or videos to clearly demonstrate the issue and contact us within 3 days of receiving the goods.
To know if your item is eligible for warranty claims, please refer to the warranty coverage section.
Should you notice the following issues on your products, please contact About Space Lighting before calling an electrician or proceeding with the installation of the product:
- • Missing accessories or parts
- • Noticeable, significant aesthetic defects on your product
Should you encounter the following issues during installation of a product, please contact About Space Lighting before the electrician leaves the residence/ place where the installation is taking place:
- • Electrical fault
- • Unusual, excessive noise from the product
Appropriate to the nature of the issue, we may offer you any or a combination of the following solutions:
- • Deliver missing parts or components;
- • If the problem is not major, we will repair the item within a reasonable time;
- •. Replace the item with a new one
Should we (a) fail to repair the item within reasonable time or (b) offer a replacement of the item, About Space Lighting will:
- • Exchange the item to an alternative lighting product with the same value or higher. In the case of the latter, additional charges may apply to cover price differences
- •. Refund in the form of store credit
Should you find or suspect electrical-related faults/ issues, we will either:
- • Send our own electrician to fix the issue; or
- • Request an electrician to assess the installation
In this case, the customer agrees to shoulder the cost of the inspection, repair and/or replacement of the product should the electrician rule improper installation as the cause of the issue.
If you decide to keep an item with minor defects instead of returning it to us, we may offer to compensate you for the drop in value as assessed and approved by About Space Lighting.
To proceed with the warranty claim, please click here.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS FOR WARRANTY CLAIMS
- • Please check to ensure that the faulty product is within the applicable warranty period.
- • The Proof of Purchase and a certificate of compliance for the installation of the product by a licensed electrician who installed the product shall be required for warranty claims. Please ensure that you have these documents on hand when applying for warranty claims.
- • This warranty shall only be valid in Australia.
- • This warranty shall only be valid if the products are installed by a qualified electrician.
- • Permissible limits pursuant to applicable product specifications and technical standards relating to voltage and temperature must not be exceeded.
- • In the event of installation in extreme environmental conditions, written consent for such installation must be obtained from About Space Lighting. This manufacturer’s warranty shall not apply if no written consent is obtained.
- • The product must not be exposed to any unintended mechanical and/or chemical loads.
- • Warranty period is based on a maximum usage of 4,000 hours per year.
- • This warranty does not apply to damage or failure to perform arising as a result of any Force Majeure Events or from any misuse, abuse, abnormal use or use in violation of any applicable standard, instructions or code for use including but not limited to those contained in the latest safety, industry and/or electrical standards for the region.
- • A mortality rate or mean time between failures (MTBF) of 0.2% per 1,000 running hours is considered to be normal and therefore not covered by any warranty conditions
- • A nominal reduction of the luminous flux in LED modules of 0.6% per 1,000 running hours is considered to be normal and therefore not covered by any warranty conditions.
- • Colour tolerances on LED modules are not covered by this warranty.
- • Actual or measured luminous flux and efficacy may vary by +/-10% from product specifications such as brochures, website, data sheets, and similar.
- • In the event of subsequent deliveries of products, deviations in the light properties and design compared to previous deliveries may arise due to technological advancements and improvements. Such deviations are not covered by this warranty
- • This warranty shall be void in the event of any repairs or alterations not duly authorized by About Space Lighting in writing are made to the Product by any person. About Space Lighting reserves the right to make the final decision on the validity of any warranty claim.
What is not covered by this Return, Replacement, and Warranty Policy?
- • Custom-made or sale items being returned for change-of-mind. To know more about our change of mind return/ refund policy, click here.
- • About Space Lighting products that are neither purchased nor installed in Australia.
- • Items damaged from incorrect installation which includes any method that is not in accordance with the product specifications and/or installation from an unqualified and/or unregistered electrical contractor.
- • Important Reminder: DO NOT DO-IT-YOURSELF (DIY) an About Space Lighting product unless otherwise specified on the item label. Any damage resulting from such activity shall, in any way, be covered by this return, replacement and warranty policy.
- • Any direct or indirect damages to walls, ceilings, furnishings, floors, foundation, structures, etc., resulting from a failed attempt of an unqualified installer to install, modify or repair the product.
- • Defect, damage, or failure to an ABOUT SPACE product resulting from misuse, accident, neglect, abuse, tampering, modifications, or unauthorized repairs of any kind by any person.
- • Damages not caused by a fault in the ABOUT SPACE product materials or workmanship.
- • Defect, damage, or failure to an ABOUT SPACE product resulting from any force majeure events, including damages from lightning, power grid fluctuations, or power surges.
- • Replacement of light sources (globes etc.) unless specified.
- • Damage caused by alternative power systems (for example: solar inverters, etc.)
- • Water damage of any kind caused by inappropriate placement of fittings not IP rated for that location.
- • The cost of renting, obtaining and using special access equipment (i.e. scaffolding, scissor lifts, etc.) for accessing products installed at a height of greater than 3.0 meters
- • Where the product does not perform to the expectation of a user but it does perform to its features and specifications.
- • Non-structural corrosion damage of non-316 stainless steel components such as surface rust including any defects that has no significant impact on the structural and/or mechanical safety of the Product;
- • Normal wear and tear;
- • Any damage resulting from improper care and maintenance or the lack thereof particularly on brass, fabric, leather, and timber products among others.
- • Any damage resulting to improper use and abuse of the product
- • For Click and Collect, we encourage you to carefully check your items for defects before leaving the pick-up location. Any damage on the item sustained during your own handling and transportation of goods from a click and collection location shall not be covered by this policy.
- • Superficial blemishes, minor imperfections, and immaterial variations between the product image and actual product including but not limited to dimensions and color. Returns due to these reasons, shall be considered change-of-mind returns and shall be governed by our policy thereon. To know more, click here.
- • Damage resulting from unauthorised repairs or use of non-original replacement parts and/or non-compliant procedures.
BALANCE OF WARRANTY
To the maximum extent permitted by law, refurbished or repaired products are covered only by the balance of the warranty period remaining from the date of collection or delivery of the original ABOUT SPACE product. If the product is replaced with a new product a new warranty period will apply from the date of collection or delivery of goods.
HOW TO MAKE A WARRANTY CLAIM
1. Upon delivery, please inspect the goods and check for obvious defects, damage, missing parts, and failure to comply with the description or invoice.
2. Should you notice any of the above issues, please contact us by completing this form and we’ll reach out to you on how you can return the faulty product to us together with the following:
• Proof of purchase
• Supporting photos or videos
• Certificate of compliance for the installation of the product by the licensed electrician who installed the product
3. Once we have received the item, please allow us 3-7 days to inspect it.
4. We will reach out to you with the best solution to your request.
Important: To the maximum extent permitted by law, the customer must bear the costs and expenses of claiming under this warranty, including but not limited to the cost incurred in freight, postage, handling, travel, dismantling or reinstalling the product, when and as applicable.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Except where to do so would cause any part of these Terms to be illegal, void or unenforceable, AboutSpace.net.au, its directors and/or employees:
- Excludes all conditions and warranties implied into these Terms;
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, is not liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damage, however caused (including negligence), which may be directly or indirectly suffered, in connection with use of this web site; and
- Excludes liability (whether that liability arises under contract, tort (including negligence) or statute) for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including without limitation loss of revenue and loss of, or damage to, data) suffered or incurred in connection with this web site.
- Without limiting the general disclaimer, AboutSpace.net.au, its directors and/or employees:
- Makes no warranty as to the completeness or accuracy of any material or as to its merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. AboutSpace.net.au is not liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on this web site or if that information is not up-to-date;
- Will not be liable for disruptions to this web site; and
- Is not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with use of this web site or an external site. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for use from this web site is free of viruses or anything else that may interfere with or damage the operation of your computer systems.
AboutSpace.net.au, its directors and/or employees accept no responsibility for actions in full or in part by any external business parties or services referenced and listed or mention in full or in part on any page of the AboutSpace.net.au site. AboutSpace.net.au is not liable for any untrue or incorrect information provided by any party commenting or adding content to the website, who are not employees.
Qualified Electrician Installing - Limitation of Liability
Except where to do so would cause any part of these Terms to be illegal, void or unenforceable, AboutSpace.net.au, its directors and/or employees:
- • will not be held responsible or accept any such responsibility in relation to electrical installation or modification of any of any of its products or associated fittings purchased either through AboutSpace.net.au or any associated sale outlet. All electrical installations and modifications including any transformer installation, MUST be conducted by a qualified electrician
The installation method must adhere to Australian standards and lies solely the responsibility of the Electrical professional installing the equipment. Incorrect installation and/or modification of any AboutSpace.net.au supplied product can cause incorrect operation as well as serious harm possibly resulting in death to the person conducting the installation or modification. Incorrect electrical installation can cause electrical shorting and fire resulting in loss of property and/or life.