LIMITED REPAIR/ REPLACEMENT WARRANTY
ABOUT SPACE offers a repair or replacement warranty on ABOUT SPACE products in cases where the product fails due to defective materials or workmanship. The warranty period begins from the date of collection or delivery.
Also, please refer to WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THE LIMITED REPAIR / REPLACEMENT WARRANTY. You must have proof of purchase (such as the original dated purchase receipt or invoice) from ABOUT SPACE to make a warranty claim. In addition, a certificate of compliance for the installation as compulsory by law from the installing electrician is required for products that necessitate installation by licensed electricians.
REPAIRS / REPLACEMENTS ABOUT SPACE Products presented for repair may be replaced by new or refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
BALANCE OF WARRANTY To the maximum extent permitted by law, refurbished or repaired products are covered only by the balance of the warranty period remaining from the date of collection or delivery of the original ABOUT SPACE product. If the product is replaced with a new product a new warranty period will apply from the date of collection or delivery of goods.
WARRANTY- TERMS & CONDITIONS: AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW The benefits given to you in this warranty document are in addition to your other rights and remedies under a law in relation to the products to which this warranty document relates. Should your goods be faulty or damaged upon receipt, About Space will offer a repair or replacement in accordance with its obligations under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (“Act”). To the extent permitted by law, About Space:
Limits its obligations and liability for the repair, replacement or refund of the purchase price of any goods to its obligations under the Act; Is not liable for any contingent, consequential or punitive damages arising in way whatsoever in relation to the use of any goods; and Is not liable for any claim, loss or expense incurred by any person resulting from the delivery, non-delivery or return of any goods
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THE LIMITED REPAIR /REPLACEMENT WARRANTY OR THE IN-HOME REPAIR/REPLACEMENT WARRANTY: Subject to "Your Consumer Rights", but otherwise to the maximum extent permitted by law, the ABOUT SPACE warranties provided in this document will not cover the following:
ABOUT SPACE products that are not purchased and not installed in Australia. Where installation was not carried out by a licensed electrician as required. ABOUT SPACE products not installed in accordance with the product’s specifications. Defect, damage or failure to an ABOUT SPACE product resulting from misuse, accident, neglect, abuse, tampering, modifications or unauthorised repairs of any kind by any person. Damages not caused by a fault in the ABOUT SPACE product materials or workmanship. Defect, damage or failure to an ABOUT SPACE product resulting from any acts of God, including damages from lightning, power grid fluctuations, or power surges. Replacement of light sources (globes etc.) unless specified. Damage caused by alternative power systems (for example: solar inverters, etc.). Water damage of any kind caused by inappropriate placement of fittings not IP rated for that location. The cost of renting, obtaining and using special access equipment (i.e. scaffolding, scissor lifts, etc.) for accessing products installed at a height of greater than 3.0 meters Where the product does not perform to the expectation of a user but it does perform to its features and specifications. Non-structural corrosion damage of non-316 stainless steel components such as surface rust
Should About Space not be able to offer a repair or replacement on a product covered by warranty, an exchange or full refund will be offered.
Other Warranty Terms & Conditions:
- Warranty period Starts at Date of Invoice
- Permissible limits pursuant to applicable product specifications and technical standards relating to voltage and temperature must not be exceeded.
- In the event of installation in extreme environmental conditions, written consent for such installation must be obtained from About Space. This manufacturer’s warranty shall not apply if no written consent is obtained.
- The product must not be exposed to any unintended mechanical and/or chemical loads.
- Warranty period is based on a maximum usage of 4,000 hours per year.
- This warranty does not apply to damage or failure to perform arising as a result of any Acts of God or from any misuse, abuse, abnormal use or use in violation of any applicable standard, instructions or code for use including but not limited to those contained in the latest safety, industry and/or electrical standards for the region.
- A mortality rate or mean time between failures (MTBF) of 0.2% per 1,000 running hours is considered to be normal and therefore not covered by any warranty conditions
- A nominal reduction of the luminous flux in LED modules of 0.6% per 1,000 running hours is considered to be normal and therefore not covered by any warranty conditions.
- Colour tolerances on LED modules are not covered by this warranty.
- Actual or measured luminous flux and efficacy may vary by +/-10% from product specifications such as brochures, website, data sheets, and similar.
- In the event of subsequent deliveries of products, deviations in the light properties and design compared to previous deliveries may arise due to technological advancements and improvements. Such deviations are not covered by this warranty
- This warranty shall be void in the event of any repairs or alterations not duly authorized by About Space in writing are made to the Product by any person. About Space reserves the right to make the final decision on the validity of any warranty claim.
THIS WARRANTY IS VALID IN AUSTRALIA ONLY
HOW TO MAKE A WARRANTY CLAIM Please complete the warranty claim form above and return or send with the faulty ABOUT SPACE product together with a copy of the proof of purchase, and if required, a certificate of compliance for the installation of the product by the licensed electrician who installed the product, to ABOUT SPACE where the product was purchased. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the customer must bear the costs and expenses of claiming under this warranty, including but not limited to the cost incurred in freight, postage, handling, travel, dismantling or reinstalling the product.
IN CASE OF MISSING ACCESSORIES OR PARTS, PLEASE CONTACT ABOUT SPACE BEFORE INSTALLATION OF THE PRODUCT. IF YOUR PRODUCT IS DEFECTIVE AESTHETICALLY CONTACT ABOUT SPACE BEFORE CALLING AN ELECTRICIAN OR IF YOUR PRODUCT HAS AN ELECTRICAL FAULT OR IS EXCESSIVELY NOISY PLEASE CONTACT ABOUT SPACE BEFORE THE ELECTRICIAN LEAVES THE RESIDENCE WHERE THE INSTALLATION IS TAKING PLACE.